We all love enjoying the beautiful weather during the summer months, but did you know your business could also be more at risk? Not only natural disasters, such as floods, hurricanes and tornados increase, but crimes such as vandalism and theft tend to increase during the summer as well. These tragedies often come unexpectedly and the cost of damages from a summer storm, fire outbreak, robbery, etc. can be detrimental to your business, even potentially costing you its survival overall. That’s why insuring your business with commercial property insurance is a must to protect it long-term.
When you need commercial property insurance:
- If you own an office/building for business use
- If you rent an office/space for business use
- If you run a business out of your home
- If the business has valuables, such as equipment, inventory, etc.
When property insurance comes into play:
- If a storm caused damage – wind, lightning, hail, etc. (additional coverage for specific natural disasters such as floods or earthquakes may be required)
- If there was a robbery
- If there was vandalism
- If there was a destructive fire
- If faulty fixtures caused damage
What commercial property insurance covers:
- The building structure
- Product inventory
- Furniture and equipment
- Equipment on the property (i.e. outdoor sign)
- Landscaping of the property
- Business interruption costs
Just imagine a big storm hit or you were the target of a theft crime and you had to repair and/or replace the damages out of your own pocket. Those costs might be difficult to cover entirely. That’s where the commercial property coverage would come in to save you and your business. Policies can be catered to your specific needs as well so if you don’t have this coverage for your business yet, it’s time to take action. For more information, contact us.